Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chicken Salad Flatbreads

...how do I make sandwiches fun again?

My husband & I are both very fortunate that we share our lunch hour at the same time & work minutes from home. This allows us to have a more satisfying meal & gives me more daylight to photograph my concoctions. I found this recipe while trying to decide on yet another alternative to "the sandwich". I often discover simple & flavourful recipes on allrecipes.com & sure enough this is where I found my husbands new favourite chicken salad recipe! Pairing it up with my favourite healthy (yet delicious!) flat breads made for a quick & appetizing lunch. I store the chicken mixture in my fridge up to 3 days between the two of us.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
Pepper


1 celery stalk (diced)
2 cloves of garlic(minced)
1 green onion (diced)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 half lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind


2 tbsp Miracle Whip
2 tbsp Hellmann's Mayo


2 Kontos multi grain flat bread
Grated cheese
Lettuce
Mustard

1) Place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts  in crock pot & cover with 2 cups chicken broth or enough to cover half the chicken

2) Grind black pepper over chicken

3) Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.

4) Retain broth in container & freeze for soups etc

5) Preheat oven to 375F

6) Add chicken, celery, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice & lemon rind to food processor & pulse

7) Add mayo to chicken mixture & pulse until creamy

8) Add pepper to taste

9) Place flat breads on baking sheet; spoon mixture 1/2 inch thick over 1 flat bread & sprinkle with cheese

10) Place in preheated oven & bake at 350F until cheese melted

11) Remove from oven & add fresh lettuce & mustard

12) Cover with other warmed flat bread & cut into 4 wedges

2 wedges = 450 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment