Monday, December 5, 2011

Spicy Sprouts, Havarti & Ham Sandwich

Mr Reed & I love sandwiches - but sometimes the same old get so boring we find ourselves dreading the lunch hour menu. Recently I have discovered that I am not as picky of an eater anymore & have ventured into new sandwich toppings that have now turned my boring meat on a bun pallette into a salivating desire to concoct a new version. A little tidbit I find to making the lunch bun that much more appetizing is to find a local bakery close by & every other night/day run in & pick up enough fresh buns for your family to cover 2 days. This simple fresh statement will make all the difference. This is the sandwich I made for Mr Reed & I today for lunch - in an individual sandwich breakdown.

1 bun
5 slices shaved lunch meat
1 tsp light mayo
1 large leaf of lettuce
3 slices jalapeno havarti cheese
1/4 cup spicy alfalfa sprouts
   pickles sliced in circles
   red onion slices
   mustard

1) Cut bun in half & spoon mayo mixture on the bottom

2) Place meat slices & then cheese & pickles

3) Add lettuce & then sprouts

4) Top with mustard, cover with top of bun & cut in half & serve

1 comment:

  1. These look too spicy for me, but love the suggestions! I'm sure Rayzor would enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete